Account Supervisor Job Description
Derris is a brand consultancy headquartered in New York City and London. We approach our work methodically, telling stories with universal impact through strategy, positioning, content and communications. We are defined by our dual-pronged approach: first, we help clients shape their message, and then we help them communicate that story through earned media. We are industry and stage agnostic, and only work with people, companies and causes we believe in.
Derris is looking for an Account Supervisor to be responsible for the leadership and strategic planning across a variety of clients. The ideal candidate will have experience working across industries and be comfortable leading account teams with several team members. Further, we are looking for candidates passionate about contributing to company culture and leadership, as well as teaching our junior staff and investing in their growth.
Derris is here to help build great brands. From lifestyle and fashion, to food, health & wellness, home & hospitality, technology, non-profit, finance, real estate, sports and more — we work with both new and established companies to develop narratives that stand out in cluttered industries. We create unique messaging and execute strategic media relations programs that blend traditionally separate practice areas to offer clients a holistic approach to both consumer and business storytelling. A few of the clients on our roster include: Warby Parker, SKIMS, Ashley Graham and Karlie Kloss, Madewell, Reformation, Everlane, Good American, Harry’s, Hinge, Imaginary Ventures, Juxtapose, Sonder, and CAVA.
- Lead day-to-day client relations alongside senior team members
- Support senior team members in sensitive client problem solving and crisis mitigation
- Set the tone for client meetings while driving projects forward, both internally and externally
- Display an expert ability in tactical execution while playing a key role in strategic planning for multiple accounts
- Pitch media across broadcast, print and online verticals, with the ability to focus on feature and high-priority pitching
- Establish, cultivate and maintain strong media relationships
- Proficient at drafting all client materials, including messaging and strategy documents
- Maintain pulse on client industry news and media updates within, bringing fresh ideas to the table to increase client awareness and earned media impact
- Invest in training and mentoring junior level staff, giving appropriate feedback to team members and delegating account projects appropriately
- Manage up as well as down, constantly communicating priorities and issues for team leaders
- Maintain strong attention to detail and deadlines, ensuring all projects are executed on time
- 5-8 years Public Relations experience, agency experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, or related field preferred
- Ability to think through communication strategies and deliver tangible results
- Proven track record pitching across a variety of mediums, with a focus on strategic media relations and results
- Ability to be extremely detail-oriented and organized, while keeping the bigger picture in mind
- Strong communication skills; both written and verbal
- Experience with daily management of junior level staff members
- Ability to work both independently and in a dynamic, high energy, team-oriented atmosphere
- Detail oriented, must be able to manage multiple clients and meet strict deadlines
- Comfortable working across a variety of industries and clients
Benefits of Working for Derris
While currently remote, our Manhattan office is located in the Flatiron neighborhood of the city and is an easy commute from most train lines. We work in a beautiful, open space with natural light and communal working areas that provide access to all levels of the organization.
The cornerstone of our company is our culture — where we place a large amount of emphasis on growth, collaboration and professional development. We offer top-notch benefits and perks. From summer Fridays, catered lunches, and discounted gym memberships to company-sponsored sabbaticals, wellness and mentorship programs, we value and facilitate a fully inclusive and holistic employment experience.
Derris provides equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.