Assistant Account Executive
Derris is a brand consultancy headquartered in New York City and London. We approach our work methodically, telling stories with universal impact through strategy, positioning, content and communications. We think before we act, and believe that a brand’s story is just as important as tactics and execution. We are defined by our dual-pronged approach: first, we help clients shape their message, and then we help them communicate that story through earned media. We are industry and stage agnostic, and only work with people, companies and causes we believe in.
Derris is seeking a passionate Assistant Account Executive to join the team. Working across a variety of accounts, you will have the opportunity to work with diverse teams and learn from some of the best in the industry.
Derris is here to help build great brands. From lifestyle and fashion, to food, health & wellness, home & hospitality, technology, non-profit, finance, real estate, sports and more — we work with both new and established companies to develop narratives that stand out in cluttered industries. We create unique messaging and execute strategic media relations programs that blend traditionally separate practice areas to offer clients a holistic approach to both consumer and business storytelling. A few of the clients on our roster include: Glossier, Warby Parker, SKIMS, Ashley Graham and Karlie Kloss, Reformation, Everlane, Good American, Harry’s, Hinge, Imaginary Ventures, Juxtapose, and CAVA.
- Manage, track, and update the day-to-day client tasks within your respective teams.
- Respond to all client requests and team needs in a timely and respectful manner.
- Effectively develop a wide range of materials such as press releases, fact sheets, client correspondence, reports, and others as assigned.
- Organize and maintain relevant team files such as reports, contracts, project estimates, and competitive activity.
- Assist the team in executing all relevant client events, media events, press conferences, tours, interviews, etc.
- Begin to develop a list of media contacts.
- Conduct appropriate research to pitch targeted media contacts.
- Ability to conduct appropriate research on client executives, conferences, and trending topics and summarize into presentable reports.
- Monitor and advise senior team members on status of projects, due dates, and necessary developments.
- Coordinate all aspects of moving projects along with your team.
- Manage our internship program and provide mentorship for junior-level staff.
- Demonstrate our core values as a continual team player with hustle.
- Have an unending desire to increase your knowledge and expertise in the industry, you are consistently consuming media for this very purpose.
- 1-2 years experience within a Public Relations role (internship experience included).
- Ability to juggle multiple accounts and competing priorities successfully.
- Strong time management skills.
- The drive to stretch your skills across industry verticals.
- A pulse on the industry, trends, and a constant desire to consume media in the appropriate fields.
- Ability to identify when to manage problems up to the appropriate team members.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work both independently and in a dynamic, high energy, team-oriented atmosphere.
- Detail oriented, must be able to work with multiple clients and meet strict deadlines.
Benefits of Working for Derris
While we are currently remote, our Manhattan office is located in the Flatiron neighborhood of the city and is an easy commute from most train lines. We work in a beautiful, open space with natural light and communal working areas that provide access to all levels of the organization.
The cornerstone of our company is our culture — where we place a large amount of emphasis on growth, collaboration and professional development. We offer top-notch benefits and perks. From summer Fridays, catered lunches, and discounted gym memberships to company-sponsored sabbaticals, wellness and mentorship programs, we value and facilitate a fully inclusive and holistic employment experience.
Derris provides equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.