UK Account Director
Derris is a brand consultancy headquartered in London and New York City. We approach our work methodically, telling stories with universal impact through strategy, positioning, content and communications. We think before we act and believe that a brand’s story is just as important as tactics and execution. We are defined by our dual-pronged approach: first, we help clients shape their message, and then we help them communicate that story through earned media. We are industry and stage agnostic, and only work with people, companies and causes we believe in.
Derris UK is seeking a passionate self-starter to join the company as Account Director. The Account Director is responsible for managing the day-to-day tactical execution on accounts while also leading strategic planning across a variety of clients. The ideal candidate will have experience working across industries and be comfortable managing account teams. Further, we are looking for candidates passionate about contributing to company culture.
Derris UK is here to help build great brands. From lifestyle and fashion, to food, health & wellness, beauty, technology and more — we work with both new and established companies to develop narratives that stand out in cluttered industries. We create unique messaging and execute strategic media relations programmes that blend traditionally separate practice areas to offer clients a holistic approach to both consumer and business storytelling.
- Serve as strategic lead for clients
- Lead the team within client strategy sessions
- Compile Communications strategy
- Serve as main contact for sensitive client problem solving
- Oversee and support pitching efforts across broadcast, print and online
- Maintain and build strong media relationships
- Support the team with tactical news creation and problem solving
- Ensure the team adheres to deadlines and delivers work on time
- Communicate effectively both internally and externally across accounts
- Proactively identify client needs and business opportunities
- Participation in new business pitches
- Guide junior staff members and oversee all client activity
- Be actively engaged and involved in developing company culture; managing workload and contributing to the company’s growth and leadership as a whole
Skills & Qualifications
- 7+ years Public Relations experience – agency experience preferred
- Proven track record of media relations experience
- Skilled at creating pitches, strategies and talking points
- Experience in leading client relationships
- Experience in managing a team
- Ability to think through and lead communication strategies
- Ability to write stylistically and shift writing styles based on client deliverables and internal meetings
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Comfortable working across a variety of fields and clients
Working for Derris
The cornerstone of our company is our culture — where we place a large amount of emphasis on growth, collaboration and professional development. We value and facilitate a fully inclusive and holistic employment experience tailored to the individual.