Senior Copywriter & Social Strategist, Freelance
Derris is a brand consultancy headquartered in New York City and London. We approach our work methodically, telling stories with universal impact through strategy, positioning, content and communications. We are defined by our dual-pronged approach: first, we help clients shape their message, and then we help them communicate that story across channels. We are industry and stage agnostic, and only work with people, companies and causes we believe in.
Derris is seeking a freelance copy and content lead with social media expertise for a 6-month full-time maternity leave cover (November-May).
Seeking a candidate with experience establishing and articulating brand identity through voice, creating complete voice guidelines and executing omni-channel campaigns. Also required is an ability to develop strategy and content across social media channels, brand owned platforms and communities. The ideal candidate will have experience working across several industries and be knowledgeable with a variety of platforms.
Derris is here to help build great brands. From lifestyle and fashion, to food, health & wellness, home & hospitality, technology, non-profit, finance, real estate, sports and more — we work with both new and established companies to develop narratives that stand out in cluttered industries. We create unique messaging and execute strategic programs that amplify these narratives across a variety of channels. A few of the clients on our roster include: Glossier, Warby Parker, SKIMS, Reformation, Everlane, Good American, Harry’s, Hinge, Imaginary Ventures, Juxtapose, and CAVA.
- Act as point of contact for existing clients, with support from internal team (both junior and senior); lead both status and work review calls/meetings
- Lead brand identity work as it relates to copy, specifically establishing brand voice guidelines and development of content strategy across brand channels
- Lead the ideation and development of social media strategy and corresponding content for a variety of clients across industries
- Evaluate metrics and insights across platforms and advise clients on ongoing best practices
- 6+ years of copywriting, social / digital media experience, knowledge of paid social strategies preferred
- Prior client service experience required, prior agency experience preferred
- Proven track record implementing multiple social media programs and campaigns simultaneously with an ability to be extremely detail-oriented and organized
- Strong communication skills; both written and verbal
- Ability to work both independently and in a dynamic, high energy, team-oriented atmosphere
- Detail oriented, must be able to manage multiple clients and meet strict deadlines
- Comfortable working across a variety of established and emerging platforms (Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Medium, Facebook, TikTok, SnapChat, YouTube, among others) as well as various industries and clients
Benefits of Working for Derris
Our Manhattan office is located in the Flatiron neighborhood of the city and is an easy commute from most train lines. We work in a beautiful, open space with natural light and communal working areas that provide access to all levels of the organization.
The cornerstone of our company is our culture — where we place a large amount of emphasis on growth, collaboration and professional development. We offer top-notch benefits and perks. From summer Fridays, catered lunches, and discounted gym memberships to company-sponsored sabbaticals, wellness and mentorship programs, we value and facilitate a fully inclusive and holistic employment experience.
Derris provides equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.