Public Relations Account Executive
Derris is a brand consultancy headquartered in New York City and London. We approach our work methodically, telling stories with universal impact through strategy, positioning, content and communications. We challenge conventional thinking and seek to work with people who have an open mind for new ideas. We have a dual-pronged approach: first we help clients shape their message and then we help them communicate that story through media, only working with people, companies and causes we believe in.
Derris is here to help build great brands. From lifestyle and fashion, to food, health & wellness, home & hospitality, technology, non-profit, finance, real estate, sports and more — we work with both new and established companies to develop narratives that stand out in cluttered industries. We create unique messaging and execute strategic media relations programs that blend traditionally separate practice areas to offer clients a holistic approach to both consumer and business storytelling. A few of the clients on our roster include: Warby Parker, Reformation, Everlane, SKIMS, Good American, Harry’s, Bombas, RSE Ventures, Juxtapose, Ruggable, and DeepMedia.
Derris is looking for an Account Executive who will be responsible for:
- Serve as day-to-day tactical lead for clients, including both internal and external client calls and meetings
- Possess a strong sense of tactical execution, while learning strategic planning
- Lead pitching efforts across broadcast, print and online
- Cultivates and maintains strong media relationships
- Skilled at drafting media and client-facing materials, including pitches, talking points, prep docs and press releases
- Adhere to deadlines and deliver work on time
- Learn management skills through oversight of junior members of the team
- Communicate effectively, both internally and externally, across accounts
- Manage time well and proactively; initiate ownership of projects
- 2-4 years Public Relations experience, agency experience preferred
- Proven track record of media relations experience
- Experience within developing client relationships
- Ability to think through communication strategies and deliver tangible results
- Ability to write stylistically and shift writing styles based on client deliverables & internal meetings
- Strong communication skills; both written and verbal
- Ability to work independently and in a dynamic, high energy, team-oriented atmosphere
- Must exhibit professionalism with clients and internal staff at all times
- Comfortable working across industries
Derris offers competitive industry rate salary bands with the goal of retaining and growing talented individuals. We regularly review and adjust our compensation structure as needed to ensure equity across teams and levels.
Compensation: The salary range for this role is $60,000 – $75,000 commensurate with experience.
Employees are eligible for a competitive end of year bonus, employee referral bonuses, annual merit increases, and commission for any referrals that lead to formal client partnerships. Derris is also committed to providing each employee with continued training and education as you grow within your careers with our Education Reimbursement Policy.
Benefits & Perks
- Employer-sponsored Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Pre-tax commuter benefits via JustWorks
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- 401K program after 1 year of employment – We match dollar-for-dollar on the first 3%, then 50% of everything you contribute between 4% – 5%
- Parental leave
- Partial monthly cell phone reimbursement
- Summer Fridays
- 13 company-paid holiday days
- Free lunch 2x week
- Discounted gym memberships
- Flex Weeks – Work from anywhere (on EST hours) for up to four weeks (12 days) a year
Benefits of Working for Derris
Our office is located in the Flatiron district of New York City and is an easy commute from most train lines. We work in a beautiful, open space with natural light and communal working areas that provide access to all levels of the organization. We maintain a hybrid approach to work life in order to offer flexibility; a minimum of three days per week in the office.
The cornerstone of our company is our culture — where we place a large amount of emphasis on growth, collaboration and professional development. We offer top-notch benefits and perks. From summer Fridays, catered lunches, and discounted gym memberships to company-sponsored sabbaticals, wellness and mentorship programs, we value and facilitate a fully inclusive and holistic employment experience.
Derris provides equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.