Public Relations Account Executive
Derris is a brand consultancy headquartered in New York City and London. We approach our work methodically, telling stories with universal impact through strategy, positioning, content and communications. We think before we act, and believe that a brand’s story is just as important as tactics and execution. We are defined by our dual-pronged approach: first, we help clients shape their message, and then we help them communicate that story through earned media. We are industry and stage agnostic, and only work with people, companies and causes we believe in.
Derris is seeking a passionate self-starter to join the company as an Account Executive. The Account Executive is responsible for managing the day-to-day tactical execution on accounts while also learning strategic planning across a variety of clients. The ideal candidate will have experience working across industries and be comfortable working with account teams with several team members. Further, we are looking for candidates passionate about contributing to company culture.
Derris is here to help build great brands. From lifestyle and fashion, to food, health & wellness, home & hospitality, technology, non-profit, finance, real estate, sports and more — we work with both new and established companies to develop narratives that stand out in cluttered industries. We create unique messaging and execute strategic media relations programs that blend traditionally separate practice areas to offer clients a holistic approach to both consumer and business storytelling. A few of the clients on our roster include: Glossier, Warby Parker, SKIMS, Reformation, Everlane, Good American, Harry’s, Imaginary Ventures, Juxtapose, and CAVA.
- Serve as day-to-day tactical lead for clients, including both internal and external client calls and meetings
- Possess a strong sense of tactical execution, while learning strategic planning
- Lead pitching efforts across broadcast, print and online
- Cultivates and maintains strong media relationships
- Skilled at drafting media and client-facing materials, including pitches, talking points, prep docs and press releases
- Adhere to deadlines and deliver work on time
- Learn management skills through oversight of junior members of the team
- Communicate effectively, both internally and externally, across accounts
- Manage time well and proactively; initiate ownership of projects
- 2-4 years Public Relations experience, agency experience preferred
- Proven track record of media relations experience
- Experience within developing client relationships
- Ability to think through communication strategies and deliver tangible results
- Ability to write stylistically and shift writing styles based on client deliverables & internal meetings
- Strong communication skills; both written and verbal
- Ability to work independently and in a dynamic, high energy, team-oriented atmosphere
- Must exhibit professionalism with clients and internal staff at all times
- Comfortable working across industries
Benefits of Working for Derris
Our office is located in the Flatiron district of New York City and is an easy commute from most train lines. We work in a beautiful, open space with natural light and communal working areas that provide access to all levels of the organization. We maintain a hybrid approach to work life in order to offer flexibility; a minimum of three days per week in the office.
The cornerstone of our company is our culture — where we place a large amount of emphasis on growth, collaboration and professional development. We offer top-notch benefits and perks. From summer Fridays, catered lunches, and discounted gym memberships to company-sponsored sabbaticals, wellness and mentorship programs, we value and facilitate a fully inclusive and holistic employment experience.
Derris provides equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.