Public Relations Senior Account Executive
Derris is a brand consultancy headquartered in New York City and London. We approach our work methodically, telling stories with universal impact through strategy, positioning, content and communications. We challenge conventional thinking and seek to work with people who have an open mind for new ideas. We have a dual-pronged approach: first we help clients shape their message and then we help them communicate that story through media, only working with people, companies and causes we believe in.
Derris is here to help build great brands. From lifestyle and fashion, to food, health & wellness, home & hospitality, technology, non-profit, finance, real estate, sports and more — we work with both new and established companies to develop narratives that stand out in cluttered industries. We create unique messaging and execute strategic media relations programs that blend traditionally separate practice areas to offer clients a holistic approach to both consumer and business storytelling. A few of the clients on our roster include: Warby Parker, Reformation, Everlane, SKIMS, Good American, Harry’s, Bombas, RSE Ventures, Juxtapose, Ruggable, and DeepMedia.
Derris is looking for a Senior Account Executive to be responsible for the leadership and strategic planning across a variety of clients. The ideal candidate will have experience working across industries and be comfortable leading account teams with several team members. Further, we are looking for candidates passionate about contributing to company culture and leadership, as well as teaching our junior staff and investing in their growth.
- Lead client relationships and day to day contact alongside senior members of the team
- Set the tone for client meetings, while driving the projects forward, both internal and external
- Expert in tactical execution with a key role in strategic planning for your accounts.
- Adept at pitching media across broadcast, print and online, with the ability to focus on feature and high-priority pitching.
- Establish, cultivate and maintain strong media relationships.
- Proficient at drafting all client materials, including messaging and strategy documents
- Management and investment of junior level staff, giving appropriate feedback to team members and delegating account projects appropriately
- Manage up as well as down, constantly communicating priorities and issues for team leaders.
- Maintain strong attention to deadlines, ensuring all projects are executed on time.
- 4-7 years Public Relations experience, agency experience preferred
- Ability to think through communication strategies and deliver tangible results
- Proven track record pitching across a variety of mediums, with a focus on strategic media relations and results.
- Ability to be extremely detail-oriented, organized, while keeping the bigger picture in mind.
- Strong communication skills; both written and verbal.
- Experience with daily management of junior level staff members.
- Ability to work both independently and in a dynamic, high energy, team-oriented atmosphere.
- Detail oriented, must be able to manage multiple clients and meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to work across fields.
Benefits of Working for Derris
Our office is located in the Flatiron district of New York City and is an easy commute from most train lines. We work in a beautiful, open space with natural light and communal working areas that provide access to all levels of the organization. We maintain a hybrid approach to work life in order to offer flexibility; a minimum of three days per week in the office.
The cornerstone of our company is our culture — where we place a large amount of emphasis on growth, collaboration and professional development. We offer top-notch benefits and perks. From summer Fridays, catered lunches, and discounted gym memberships to company-sponsored sabbaticals, wellness and mentorship programs, we value and facilitate a fully inclusive and holistic employment experience.
Derris provides equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Employees are eligible for a competitive end of year bonus, employee referral bonuses, annual merit increases, and commission for any referrals that lead to formal client partnerships. Derris is also committed to providing each employee with continued training and education as you grow within your careers with our Education Reimbursement Policy.
Benefits & Perks
- Employer-sponsored Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Pre-tax commuter benefits via JustWorks
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- 401K program after 1 year of employment – We match dollar-for-dollar on the first 3%, then 50% of everything you contribute between 4% – 5%
- Parental leave
- Partial monthly cell phone reimbursement
- Summer Fridays
- 13 company-paid holiday days
- Free lunch 2x week
- Discounted gym memberships
- Flex Weeks – Work from anywhere (on EST hours) for up to four weeks a year