INTERN| Fall 2022
Derris is a brand consultancy headquartered in New York City and London. We approach our work methodically, telling stories with universal impact through strategy, positioning, content and communications. We think before we act, and believe that a brand’s story is just as important as tactics and execution. We are defined by our dual-pronged approach: first, we help clients shape their message, and then we help them communicate that story through earned media. We are industry and stage agnostic, and only work with people, companies and causes we believe in.
Derris is seeking interns to join the team for the Fall 2022 semester. Working across a variety of accounts, you will have the opportunity to work with diverse teams and learn from some of the best in the industry.
Derris helps build great brands. From lifestyle and fashion, to food, health & wellness, home & hospitality, technology, non-profit, finance, real estate, sports and more — we work with both new and established companies to develop narratives that stand out in cluttered industries. We create unique messaging and execute strategic media relations programs that blend traditionally separate practice areas to offer clients a holistic approach to both consumer and business storytelling. A few of the clients on our roster include: Warby Parker, SKIMS, Karlie Kloss, Madewell, Reformation, Everlane, Good American, Harry’s, Hinge, Imaginary Ventures, Juxtapose and CAVA.
- Manage, track, and update the day-to-day client tasks within your respective teams.
- Organize media and information in the form of magazines, newspapers and more.
- Build, update and organize media lists for pitching, assisting in research and audits.
- Clip and archive articles in print, online and broadcast formats.
- Media monitor by following coverage of specific topics and trends and monitoring for client mentions and competitor news.
- Assist teams in preparation for new business meetings, existing client strategy and weekly meetings, photoshoots, interviews, events, etc.
- Attend company brainstorms.
- Join client calls and meetings to listen in, take notes, assist with agendas and recaps.
- Support the creation of written materials (i.e. briefing documents, pitches, press releases, fact sheets, reports, etc.).
- Organize and maintain relevant team files such as reports, contracts, project estimates and competitive activity.
- Participate in an internship project alongside fellow interns and with guidance from Derris staff.
- Strong desire to learn, professional drive, time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Google server, and MS Office
- Passion for PR industry and its best practices
- Current enrollment in a Communications, Marketing or related educational field
More about the internship:
Derris’ Manhattan office is located in the Flatiron neighborhood of the city and is an easy commute from most train lines. We work in a beautiful, open space with natural light and communal working areas that provide access to all levels of the organization. The cornerstone of our company is our culture — where we place a large amount of emphasis on growth, collaboration and professional development.
Derris is looking for interns who are smart, motivated and self-starters. The firm focuses on public relations and strategic communications, with an eye toward holistic brand storytelling and marketing. Interns have the opportunity to work closely with a number of Derris team members to build a strong skill set, while also having access to all capabilities at Derris. We want our interns to have the best experience possible, and therefore invite them to listen in on client calls, observe important meetings, and attend office events.
Derris provides equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.