Public Relations Assistant Account Executive
Derris is a brand consultancy headquartered in New York City and London. We approach our work methodically, telling stories with universal impact through strategy, positioning, content and communications. We challenge conventional thinking and seek to work with people who have an open mind for new ideas. We have a dual-pronged approach: first we help clients shape their message and then we help them communicate that story through media, only working with people, companies and causes we believe in.
Derris is here to help build great brands. From lifestyle and fashion, to food, health & wellness, home & hospitality, technology, non-profit, finance, real estate, sports and more — we work with both new and established companies to develop narratives that stand out in cluttered industries. We create unique messaging and execute strategic media relations programs that blend traditionally separate practice areas to offer clients a holistic approach to both consumer and business storytelling. A few of the clients on our roster include: Warby Parker, Reformation, Everlane, SKIMS, Good American, Harry’s, Bombas, RSE Ventures, Juxtapose, Ruggable, and DeepMedia.
Derris is looking for an Assistant Account Executive who will be responsible for:
- Manage, track, and update the day-to-day client tasks within your respective teams.
- Respond to all client requests and team needs in a timely and respectful manner.
- Effectively develop a wide range of materials such as press releases, fact sheets, client correspondence, reports, and others as assigned.
- Organize and maintain relevant team files such as reports, contracts, project estimates, and competitive activity.
- Assist the team in executing all relevant client events, media events, press conferences, tours, interviews, etc.
- Begin to develop a list of media contacts.
- Conduct appropriate research to pitch targeted media contacts.
- Ability to conduct appropriate research on client executives, conferences, and trending topics and summarize into presentable reports.
- Monitor and advise senior team members on status of projects, due dates, and necessary developments.
- Coordinate all aspects of moving projects along with your team.
- Demonstrate our core values as a continual team player with hustle.
- Have an unending desire to increase your knowledge and expertise in the industry, you are consistently consuming media for this very purpose.
- 0-2 years experience within a Public Relations role (internship experience included).
- Ability to juggle multiple accounts and competing priorities successfully.
- Strong time management skills.
- The drive to stretch your skills across industry verticals.
- A pulse on the industry, trends, and a constant desire to consume media in the appropriate fields.
- Ability to identify when to manage problems up to the appropriate team members.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work both independently and in a dynamic, high energy, team-oriented atmosphere.
- Detail oriented, must be able to work with multiple clients and meet strict deadlines.
Compensation: Derris offers competitive, industry rate salaries with the goal of retaining and growing talented individuals.
The salary range for this role is commensurate with experience and is as follows:
- Minimum: $50,000
- Maximum: $60,000
Employees are eligible for a competitive end of year bonus, employee referral bonuses, annual merit increases, and commission for any referrals that lead to formal client partnerships. Derris is also committed to providing each employee with continued training and education as you grow within your careers with our Education Reimbursement Policy.
Benefits & Perks
- Employer-sponsored Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Pre-tax commuter benefits via JustWorks
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- 401K program after 1 year of employment – We match dollar-for-dollar on the first 3%, then 50% of everything you contribute between 4% – 5%
- Parental leave
- Partial monthly cell phone reimbursement
- Summer Fridays
- 13 company-paid holiday days
- Free lunch 2x week
- Discounted gym memberships
- Flex Weeks – Work from anywhere (on EST hours) for up to four weeks (12 days) a year
Benefits of Working for Derris
Our office is located in the Flatiron district of New York City and is an easy commute from most train lines. We work in a beautiful, open space with natural light and communal working areas that provide access to all levels of the organization. We maintain a hybrid approach to work life in order to offer flexibility; a minimum of three days per week in the office.
The cornerstone of our company is our culture — where we place a large amount of emphasis on growth, collaboration and professional development. We offer top-notch benefits and perks. From summer Fridays, catered lunches, and discounted gym memberships to company-sponsored sabbaticals, wellness and mentorship programs, we value and facilitate a fully inclusive and holistic employment experience.
Derris provides equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.