Senior Talent Manager
Derris is a brand consultancy headquartered in New York City and London. We approach our work methodically, telling stories with universal impact through strategy, positioning, content and communications. We challenge conventional thinking and seek to work with people who have an open mind for new ideas. We have a dual-pronged approach: first we help clients shape their message and then we help them communicate that story through media, only working with people, companies and causes we believe in.
Derris is here to help build great brands. From lifestyle and fashion, to food, health & wellness, home & hospitality, technology, non-profit, finance, real estate, sports and more — we work with both new and established companies to develop narratives that stand out in cluttered industries. We create unique messaging and execute strategic media relations programs that blend traditionally separate practice areas to offer clients a holistic approach to both consumer and business storytelling. A few of the clients on our roster include: Warby Parker, Reformation, Everlane, SKIMS, Good American, Harry’s, Bombas, RSE Ventures, Juxtapose, Ruggable, and Away.
Derris is looking for a Senior Talent Manager to lead all aspects of our recruiting work. As Senior Talent Manager you will partner with hiring managers, oversee our Talent Coordinator, and be responsible for delivering best-in-class recruiting operations and outcomes.
- Establish and maintain a deep understanding of your client departments and how they operate
- Partner with hiring managers to finalize specifics of role scope, scorecard, search timeline, interview sequence, contract type, and other elements of a given search
- Run weekly search meetings with hiring managers, staying organized, giving updates, and holding others accountable for action items
- Oversee the process of how candidates move through our applicant tracking system in a timely fashion
- Manage search processes from start (search approval & kick-off) to finish (new hire start date)
- Conduct screening calls as a People Team representative and/or participating in later stages of the selection process as needed, depending on the role
- Use, iterate, and evolve a comprehensive set of best-practice processes, tools, checklists, and templates for recruiting and hiring at Derris
- Develop talent pools/pipelines of passive candidates for forecasted/upcoming seats in your client departments
- Stay up to speed on talent market dynamics for roles at Derris
- Supporting in workflows associated with recruiting interns
- You have been accountable—or heavily involved in—successfully hiring at least 35+ people in settings that are relevant to Derris (e.g. a successful startup, a digital agency, a dynamic nonprofit, or similar)
- You use clean, clear communication at all times and in all settings (when speaking, writing, etc.)
- You are naturally well-organized, not only managing their own tasks with excellence but continuously elevating the organization of the entire People Team as well
- You are adept at keeping all stakeholders apprised of the process, relevant information, the status of deliverables, etc.
- You are an effective troubleshooter, particularly under tight timelines or in response to last-minute change of plans
- You have an eye for efficiency and will constantly be looking for ways to improve, streamline, and simplify processes
- You are at home amongst digital tools, and enjoys demo’ing and evaluating possible new tools to use to make their life easier
- You have 4+ years of experience in recruiting, talent acquisition, people operations, or related disciplines
Derris offers competitive industry rate salary bands with the goal of retaining and growing talented individuals. We regularly review and adjust our compensation structure as needed to ensure equity across teams and levels.
Compensation: The salary range for this role is $100,000 – $125,000, commensurate with experience, plus end of year bonuses based on firm, team, and individual performance.
Employees are eligible for employee referral bonuses, annual merit increases, and commission for any referrals that lead to formal client partnerships. Derris is also committed to providing each employee with continued training and education as you grow within your careers with our Education Reimbursement Policy.
Benefits & Perks
- Employer-sponsored Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Pre-tax commuter benefits via JustWorks
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- 401K program after 1 year of employment – We match dollar-for-dollar on the first 3%, then 50% of everything you contribute between 4% – 5%
- Parental leave
- Monthly cell phone data reimbursement
- Summer Fridays
- 13 company-paid holiday days
- Free lunch on Thursdays
- Discounted gym memberships
- Flex Weeks – Work from anywhere (on EST hours) for up to four weeks a year
Benefits of Working for Derris
Our office is located in the Flatiron district of New York City and is an easy commute from most train lines. We work in a beautiful, open space with natural light and communal working areas that provide access to all levels of the organization. We maintain a hybrid approach to work life in order to offer flexibility; a minimum of three days per week in the office.
The cornerstone of our company is our culture — where we place a large amount of emphasis on growth, collaboration and professional development. We offer top-notch benefits and perks. From summer Fridays, catered lunches, and discounted gym memberships to company-sponsored sabbaticals, wellness and mentorship programs, we value and facilitate a fully inclusive and holistic employment experience.
Derris provides equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.