Public Relations Account Director, Consumer Finance
Derris is a brand consultancy headquartered in New York City and London. We approach our work methodically, telling stories with universal impact through strategy, positioning, content and communications. We challenge conventional thinking and seek to work with people who have an open mind for new ideas. We work with people, companies and causes we believe in.
Derris is here to help build great brands. From technology to financial services and more – we work with both new and established companies to develop narratives that stand out in cluttered industries. We create unique messaging and execute strategic media relations programs that blend traditionally separate practice areas to offer clients a holistic approach to both consumer and business storytelling. A few of the clients on our roster include: Extra, Juxtapose, RSE Ventures, Caravan and Really.
Derris is looking for an Account Director that will be responsible for overseeing the strategic planning and day-to-day tactical execution for our Web3, emerging technology and financial services clients, as well as internal leadership initiatives and responsibilities.
The ideal candidate has a deep understanding of financial services, client experience with financial institutions, plus a demonstrated interest in the application of blockchain technology and related decentralized emerging technology, including NFTs and cryptocurrencies. Furthermore, we are looking for candidates passionate about contributing to creating a unique company culture.
- Serve as strategic lead and main contact for clients, leading the team within client strategy sessions, driving the compilation of strategy documents and client problem solving and crisis mitigation as necessary
- Oversee and support team pitching efforts across broadcast, print and online
- Maintain strong media relationships and secure feature coverage across applicable business and consumer verticals
- Keep a pulse on client industry news and media updates within, bringing fresh ideas to the table to increase client awareness and earned media impact
- Begin to manage a limited number of Direct Reports, increasing in scope over time; supporting the team with tactical news creation
- Proactively identify client needs and participate in new business meetings and pitches as applicable
- 6-8 years of Public Relations experience – agency experience preferred
- Proven track record of media relations experience
- Skilled at creating pitches, strategies and talking points
- Experience in leading client relationships
- Experience in managing a team, experience managing Direct Reports preferred
- Ability to think through communication strategies and deliver tangible results
- Ability to write stylistically and shift writing styles based on client deliverables and internal meetings
- Strong communication skills; both written and verbal
- Experience in the technology or financial services industries
Derris offers competitive industry rate salary bands with the goal of retaining and growing talented individuals. We regularly review and adjust our compensation structure as needed to ensure equity across teams and levels.
Compensation: The salary range for this role is $110,000 – $130,000, commensurate with experience, plus end of year bonuses based on firm, team and individual performance.
Employees are eligible for employee referral bonuses, annual merit increases, and commission for any referrals that lead to formal client partnerships. Derris is also committed to providing each employee with continued training and education as you grow within your careers with our Education Reimbursement Policy.
Benefits & Perks
- Employer-sponsored Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Pre-tax commuter benefits via JustWorks
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- 401K program after 1 year of employment – We match dollar-for-dollar on the first 3%, then 50% of everything you contribute between 4% – 5%
- Parental leave
- Monthly cell phone data reimbursement
- Summer Fridays
- 13 company-paid holiday days
- Free lunch on Thursdays
- Discounted gym memberships
- Flex Weeks – Work from anywhere (on EST hours) for up to four weeks a year
Benefits of Working for Derris
Our office is located in the Flatiron district of New York City and is an easy commute from most train lines. We work in a beautiful, open space with natural light and communal working areas that provide access to all levels of the organization. We maintain a hybrid approach to work life in order to offer flexibility; a minimum of three days per week in the office.
The cornerstone of our company is our culture — where we place a large amount of emphasis on growth, collaboration and professional development. We offer top-notch benefits and perks. From summer Fridays, catered lunches, and discounted gym memberships to company-sponsored sabbaticals, wellness and mentorship programs, we value and facilitate a fully inclusive and holistic employment experience.
Derris provides equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.